The modern (1980) St. Michael's is the fifth parish church since medieval times and sits framed inside the ruins of the Gilbert Scott nave of 1874. The ruins themselves contain the enigma of C17th and C18th memorials in a Victorian context, and the new church has the 1625 building stone of a previous church and the C18th font, remodelled. The present church is an irregular octogon in shape, echoing a much earlier style, and contains tapestries designed by Mary Fedden and a fine organ case by William Drake (1985) Organ Builder to Her Majesty the Queen. In the churchyard there are the two iron vault tombs to early members of the Baldwin family, Ironmasters of Wilden Forge.
Open most first Saturdays of the month, school holiday Wednesdays between 10 am and 2 pm, and other times by arrangement.
On the first Saturday of the month craft stalls and exhibitions will be available. Fair Trade products will be on sale.
Car park outside church. Disabled facilities WC
From St. Michael’s turn left into the one- way system and follow signs for Great Witley. After crossing the River Severn take the first turning on the right into Areley Lane and right again (signed for Bewdley), at the T junction onto the B 4194. After approx. 2 miles, Trail church no. 3, - Ribbesford is set up an avenue of horse chestnut trees on the left.